The New Frontier: Building the Sonic Boom

i dont think there is anyway to see all the validators that have voted. but searching each validators address will show you

thats mine. you can delete my 0x address and then just paste a different address there of another validator and see.

3 Likes

Guys, is there a chance to change $S ticker to something else? LIke $SN / $SNC / $SON / $FSN or at least $SONIC ?

2 Likes

Thank you, i see that my 2 validators have “abstain” in $FTM to $S vote

So you said I can vote Yes to overrride those votes?
Can I keep my $FTM locked and still vote?
Does it cost anything to vote?

2 Likes

I agree, just a single $S is not so good. I like all your suggested tickers $SON or $FSON would be nice.

Just an $S is silly IMO

1 Like

Yeah, $SON sounds pretty rememberable, and we can think of it like the son of Opera :slight_smile:

3 Likes

your validator only votes for you if you didnt vote. so just vote and your good
you have to be staking to vote. doesnt matter if its locked or not
it only cost the gas fee

1 Like

Yes $SON (N=New) is the new $SOL (L= loser)

$SON would be awesome 1st choice as the name

but it seems maybe there may be confusion with an already a $SON used by another project, that is why maybe $FSON

something unique that will be noticed and highlighted as it move up to replace $SOL at the top

2 Likes

this is absolutely insane and super exciting for the community

1 Like

questions over questions:

1. how are existing token affected or can migrate? guide?
  2. existing liquity pools - can the also migrate 1:1
  3. ecisting liqu pools with no native token ftm? what happens to them? which possibilites?
  4. locked equal? - unlockin possible or not?
  5. support dex the migration? for all existing projects or token?
  6. tokenomics form s? there is talked about minting…which amount is planned what is max supply
4 Likes

Hi, how do you do the 1:1 exchange between FTM and S? Have I had FTM on Binance for months? What should I do to make this exchange happen? Thanks in advance for your help!:+1:t2:

2 Likes

I don’t understand why a coin migration is necessary.

• If you absolutely must rebrand, simply rename all existing FTM to S without any additional changes. This way, all FTM on Sonic is considered as S, and all FTM that remains on Opera stays as FTM.
  • If you absolutely must launch a new coin, make it a separate governance token similar to how ETH L2s have tokens like OP and ARB.
3 Likes

why? do you have already details? then please tell us…not only migration but all details to existing ecosys the tokens the liq pools the staking pools on teamfinance the locked token the liqudity pools not only between thenative ftm but also all equal pools or all pools in the ecosys…
and then please explain to me how existing project can be safe migrated…to not have some people who qucik make new tokens on s with same name and rug or confuse or whatever…i can not see the details till now…i think it canb egreat but i need detailed plans and ways and options

1 Like

before any vote there has to be an detailed plan for everything…
projects on ftm spent time money etc to develop…its simply needed like in any business to get a full detailed business plan laid out…all who just cry yeah…are simply shilling…if they know more they should tell otherwise

1 Like

for me as i read it means…when i migrate i loose my ftm…who gets them? free money to foundation?
when will the 1:1 end?

1 Like

We think this is great progress and kudos to the those involved for driving this. We are naturally in favour of this. Although still curious about the plans for the parallel EVM and how the L2 bridge interacts with this.

If possible i’d be interested in seeing further detail around the design of the sonic ecosystem, how that ties into the Proposal 3 and how this underpins the overall growth strategy. It seems this will become only more important as the Would the team be open to adding more context there? or perhaps there could be a community call to explore this.

Very much looking forward to seeing the team execute on this plan!

1 Like

proposal 2 is quite interesting, I wonder if the sonic migration will include an ecosystem wide points program akin to Blast.

2 Likes

trust in Andre Cronje bro

2 Likes

its not that i dont trust him - he is defi jesus…i just want to know the things to be prepared

1 Like

I wonder who this is referring to…

1 Like

will the OG opera users get allocation or only new sonic users? answers appreciated from team

1 Like