Andre Cronje - infinite AMA

This is how you learn to invest in the crypto world, you buy in the deep and sell in the ATH.

3 Likes

The foundation was not involved in Solidly, and personally, I don’t believe in airdrops. So that is not something that is currently on any roadmap.

3 Likes

Hey Andre! I love your vision, please keep up the good work.

Questions

1. How are you doing?
  2. What do you do when you’re not busy with crypto?

Bedankt en heb een fijne dag!

3 Likes

Hey Andre, my fellow pepe fren.

Will rarity dnd game ever get a coomback? I spent like 50% of my tranny coin on it. Mainly due to ridiculous gas fees at the time and spending a lot on low mint numbers. When you ragequitted last time my army of degenerate lvl 7 mages were left in the cold and deteriorated to dust. I was number 1 but now I’m financially Andre-ed.

Also what’s your lowest mint number rarity? You you have #0, #1 etc?
You can cleans your sins by sending one to me at 0x404a34139bcbeda89e8d80edfe7f8462e86177e3 As a token of appreciation for your loyal pepe fren :blush:

Also thoughts on Harry Yeh and his ponzinomics project(s)? Are you glad he is making his own chain now or do you think these projects were the strength of the chain during the mania? FANTOM PUUUUMP

Memes aside, I love your work and your ideas.

Best regards,

• Your pepe fren
4 Likes

Would be good to hear of any updates re Barek and government initiatives

3 Likes

Hi sir,

Do you have any ETA on when we could see solidly integrated into tombswap or tomb finance somehow and could you elaborate a bit more about what we could expect from it? I been reading a bunch about it and how they are going to make a bunch of new cool projects a round tomb and that it should make the token go up a bunch! would love to hear what is in store for this partnership between you and Mr. Yeh I can’t wait to see!

Cant wait to hear back and also Fantoooooooom pumpppppppppp!

2 Likes

Also is there an update on the CBDC partnership with Tajikistan?

2 Likes

What happened to FANTOSHI AI, is it still alive? Will it have a purpose on fantom blockchain?

2 Likes

How has your views on what Fantom is changed since this tweet?

2 Likes

Hi Andre!

Very cool that you give a possibility to answer our questions. One that is on my mind for a while. Isn’t it more logical that a validator in standard gets more apr then a delegator. Especially with the extra cost that comes to run a node. Of course you get some extra from the people delegating to you, but that isnt really happening anymore with the smaller stakes and increasing validators.

And 1 last fun question, where do you see Fantom in 5 years?

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Hey, thank you for the kind words;

1. Overall good, last year was the lowest year in my life, but I feel renewed for this year, can only dwell on things in the past for so long before you realize dwelling on it is impacting your future
  2. I’m lucky (or unlucky dependent on your perspective), that my passion, hobby, and work are all the same thing, crypto technology, so there is very little free time, the only thing I really make time for is to make sure I still work out, and I try to force myself to read no-crypto books every so often, but the majority of my time is all focused on the tech.

Hope you have a great day as well

5 Likes

I didn’t ragequit rarity, I simply had no more time to work on it, it was a fun hobby / side project, but it wasn’t anything more than that (nor did I advertise it as anymore more than that). Maybe when I’m retired I would look into it again, but just like real life D&D (something I love, but haven’t had time for in over a decade), I doubt I’ll have time this coming year.

On Harry, I haven’t really looked at his projects, so can’t comment much, but I have spoken to some of his developers and they are a skilled team. So we will see what they create, but I’m not following their ecosystem closely.

5 Likes

The biggest thing about governments, is they are risk averse and move incredibly slow, their timelines are normally 2-3 years, when there is something to communicate, it will be communicated.

2 Likes

As I am not involved with either of those projects, I can’t comment.

2 Likes

Not to my knowledge, CBDC’s only become viable with National Blockchains, while that tech stack is ready, we aren’t actively pursuing it as we don’t see CBDC’s as a low hanging fruit currently

2 Likes

I have no idea what FANTOSHI AI is unfortunately.

2 Likes

With ETH’s strong focus towards L2’s I believe they are focusing more on how to enable L2’s than how to scale their base layer. While they were focusing on their base layer we were (metaphorically) working together, now that they have shifted their focus to L2’s, what they are working on wont help us, and what we are working on won’t help them (as we move away from EVM). This year we will see a large divergence between the two as both move into their own new direction. Fantom is focused on UX and base layer scaling, Ethereum is focused on enabling L2 and relayer UX.

4 Likes

Validators do receive more than delegators, but also, it is up to the individual validator to decide, if they want, they can charge 0 fees, that’s their right. Not something for us to make the final decision on.

Fantom in 5 years needs to less obtrusive. Fantom now is comparable to early 1990ies internet, you were very well aware you were connecting to the internet, you needed dialup modems, RJ11 cables, wait for dailup, needed custom browsers, and even then access was slow and costly. 20 years later, users no longer knew they were connecting to the internet, it was just always available. Given technology advancements, I believe we can achieve this within the next 5 years with Fantom instead of 20.

7 Likes

When you quit and left the price of FTM plummeted and on your return a floor has formed. I have major holdings of FTM because I fell in love with SpookySwap and the speed and tx fees on Fantom in general. Perhaps one day when Fantom gets mentioned alongside Avalanche, Solana and Polygon, it won’t matter that you leave because there’s a strong team behind Fantom. Until that day, FTM price depends on you even though I’m investing because I like fast and cheap! Must admit I don’t understand too much from the security angle though.

2 Likes

This is something we need to address more, there is a massive team behind Fantom, I’m a very small part of the machine, I’m not even acritical part. With or without me, nothing changes in the Fantom ecosystem. The perspective that I somehow represent Fantom is very far from the truth. With or without me, its designed to exist. Redundancy is always important to any large organization, you can’t have key man dependency.

13 Likes